So, I kind of started this blog, and didn’t really tell you a lot about me! I made this video in hopes of showing you how damn awkward I am and that I’m just like you.
I wanted to make a fun post, short and sweet, including this video and then below 10 things about me that you don’t know!
- So, in middle school I was invited to this birthday party where we had to dress up as our favorite musician and then took a limo to Hard Rock Cafe to eat. Everyone dressed up as the usual: Avril Lavigne, Britney Spears, P!NK, Good Charlotte members, etc etc. Pretty much you could look at these kids and identify who they were trying to be. WELL, my weird ass was obsessed with Alicia Keys because she was a pianist, like me. NO ONE KNEW WHO I WAS. It’s not like I could carry a piano with me. I did however braid my hair like hers. I went off of the album cover. What a disaster. I still ask my mother to this day, “why did you let me do that?” and she says, “Because you loved her and I couldn’t tell you no.” It was still a good party and something to laugh about when I look back on it.
- I have an older sister. She’s 32 and lives about 3 hours away from me. She’s literally my best friend. Her name is Camilla. People think that because of our age gap we wouldn’t be as close but it’s not true at all. She is definitely my BIGGEST support and my BIGGEST critique. That’s why I love her. She’ll tell me the God honest truth and you don’t meet too many people like that. Plus, she’s super motivated and dedicated to what she loves to do!
- I’m classically trained in piano and violin. Right, I know you’re like “Why are you writing hip hop music reviews when you grew up on Mozart”. I feel like knowing what I know about music, such as the fundamentals and foundations of it has made me appreciate so many genres of music! Truth be told, I haven’t touched the piano in about 4 years until recently when I just was tired of looking at it collect dust in my warehouse at work and moved it into my apartment. I am looking to start back lessons cause ya girl lost her touch a bit.
- I work for a family owned trucking company. My title is an ‘operations manager’ but I feel like I do a lot more. I calculate charges, manifest freight for conventions, handle inbound and outbound freight, communicate information for freight to our customers, etc etc. It’s totally boring when I talk about it but it’s so fast paced and keeps me on my toes. There’s a ton of multitasking. But I get to talk to people from all over the country everyday which is really cool. I’ve even met some great friends in the process!
- I am addicted to motivational and self help books! I don’t know what it is. Something about taking knowledge from others and applying to my life just makes me buy tons of books about making my life more meaningful. That sounds so crazy when I type it out. Stay tuned for books I’m currently obsessing over!
- My current favorite shows are Sex & the City, Insecure, Gossip Girl, and Big Little Lies. Im not really into watching TV that much. I don’t really have time! But Insecure is definitely my go to right now! If you haven’t seen that show, it’s on HBO and it’s so amazing. Should I do a review on it?!
- My current favorite music artists are Bryson Tiller, J. Cole, The Weeknd, PARTYNEXTDOOR, Jhené Aiko, Big Sean, Drake, Mod Sun, and Childish Gambino but I’m constantly listening to new things. That list changes daily.
- I hate coffee so much. See, I’m not that basic chick y’all wanna make me out to be. Wait, let me rephrase that. I hate hot coffee. Hot drinks in general. I can’t do it. I don’t know what it is. I make myself hot tea every once a while. It helps me sleep. But just craving the taste of it? Never.
- I’ve always had an incredibly low self esteem. No confidence. UNTIL recently. And a lot of it came from all of the incredible support from me making this blog! I get super nervous talking about myself and I’m really insecure of my physical appearance. I always have been. I really enjoy working out, but I’m afraid to go to the gym or anything because I’m afraid people will laugh at me or stare at me. I know. Weird.
- I love Paris themed ANYTHING. There is actually this local bakery in Myrtle Beach called Le Cupcake and it’s French themed! They make the most amazing cupcakes and macaroons and sell French wine too! I have to stay so far away from there because I will use all my Atkins carbs for the day and more.
Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read this! I hope you all have a great day! Make sure you subscribe to my blog below!