I write about others a lot on here and I totally love doing that! But I’m going to take a moment to tell you some ‘firsts’ for me! Comment below some of your firsts!
Let’s keep it PG y’all.
- My first pet: AnnaBelle! She was a small maybe 15 lb Jack Russell that my parents bought for me and my sister. She was the sweetest dog I’ve ever met. She lived to be about 17 before she passed away.
- My first car: a hunter green 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser. That was the ultimate beach cruiser car. I loved it so much. It belonged to my grandfather before he passed away. It definitely ate a lot of gas! But that was probably my most favorite car I’ve ever had.
- My first boyfriend: Marc. He was my first serious boyfriend when I was in high school! He was Philippine and super tall! He was a little older than me and had already graduated high school. He played soccer and was a moody artist. He was really sweet to me but we just went separate ways.
- My first kiss: some dude on a cruise. I really don’t remember his name at all. But he had the really popular (at them time) surfer swoop hair. The kind where they would have to flip their head to get it out of their eyes. Like Tourettes. Anyways, I was 15! I was a super late bloomer and an ugly duckling growing up. I really didn’t grow into myself until about that age. I remember being super nervous and him being from Rock Hill SC I believe. I also remember my sister giving me a pep talk about it and what to do. HAHA. SHOUT OUT TO CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES.
- My first concert: NSYNC & Britney Spears. WHAT A DREAM. My best friend in elementary won tickets on the radio to go see them at the teeny tiny House of Blues in North Myrtle Beach and her dad took us up there to see Britney Spears. I remember her dad having to take turns holding each of us up to see (because ya girl hasn’t always been this tall), so I only got to see snippets of her singing! I remember she was wearing these white latex shiny cargo pants with pink spots on the knees and a matching pink tube top. She was my IDOL growing up. Just kidding. She still is.
- My first CD: Space Jam soundtrack. Hands down. Best soundtrack EVER. If you don’t like that movie, we can’t be friends.
- My first job: Banana Republic. I was 16 and they were having a job fair at my high school and they hired me on the spot! I loved working there and still have friends that I worked with there that I still see and talk to! I worked there until I was 18. But I even did a little charity fashion show there! I was in heaven.
- My first road trip alone: Philadelphia. I don’t know why I thought it was a good idea to drive from South Carolina to Philly but I did. And I probably spent more in gas and tickets than an actual plane ticket would have cost. THE PURPOSE WAS to go see my best friend and her newborn baby! Other than it being miserably HOT, that was a great trip and I wish I could relive it honestly. I miss them both so much!
- My first drink: was NOT legal. And it was Smirnoff Ice! HA. My sister got me and her some of those sour straws and we would bite of the ends and use it as a straw. We were… special.
- My first tattoo: the words “Green Elephant” on my back. I get asked a lot of questions about this tattoo. It’s super meaningful to me. I was 18 when I got the tattoo. It’s a phrase I heard a lot growing up and it’s something my grandfather said to me and my cousins and sister a lot. It was our little code phrase for “I love you”. I just wanted a tattoo in memory of him and I thought it was perfect to get tattooed.
What were some of your firsts?!
Comment and like below! Make sure you subscribe!