I love to read and as I mentioned in my previous post about my summer goals, my reading list is a big goal of mine this summer! Here are the books on my reading list for the summer and why I want to read them. Wait, I’m just going to be honest… I have started to read all of these at one point and just stopped. Not because they weren’t good because ALL of them are so good so far! I just can’t concentrate long enough. SO. Here’s to finishing all the books we’ve ever started and never finished because life moves so fast!
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso – If you don’t live under a rock and are into fashion, you’ve probably heard of AND shopped on the site Nasty Gal. I love all of their clothes and they are a big supplier of my favorite shoe designer, Jeffrey Campbell. This book is about the founder and CEO of this site, Sophia Amoruso. There is also a show about her on Netflix, which I highly recommend! She is so funny and real. I’ve already started this book and I cannot put it down. Seriously. It’s so motivating and inspiring. It talks about how success comes from following your heart and your instincts and talks about which rules to follow and which one to break! (I also just found out there’s a workbook to go along with this book!)
- The Happy Vegan by Russell Simmons – Also in my summer goals post, I mentioned how I wanted to return to being vegan. I remember the first time I decided to go vegan, I was on a roadtrip to Charlotte, NC and heard a talkshow host interviewing Russell Simmons and he was talking about being vegan. It all just made sense to me.
“In the same way Simmons brought hip-hop to the public eye and shaped the cultural identity of a generation, he’s found a heartfelt desire to bring new concepts mainstream… Simmon’s desire to share the principles that have inspired him comes from a genuine desire to give back.” – SMARTCEA
- A Million Little Pieces by James Frey – I also started this book a couple of years ago and came across it again. I remembered how much I loved it from the beginning and wished I had finished it! It is the authors acclaimed account of his six weeks in rehab.
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn – This was a great movie and I remember trying to read the book fast enough before the movie came out and I just couldn’t. It’s about a wife who disappears suddenly and how her husband is being held responsible for her murder. If you haven’t seen the movie, you should, but after you read the book FIRST.
- The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren – This is actually a daily read kind of book. You are supposed to read one chapter per day and reflect on that until your next reading. It’s a 40 day challenge to help you find your purpose through God. I really love the concept of this so I’m giving it a try!
- the Bible – As a Christian and someone who grew up in a southern Baptist community, I was always learning about Jesus. As I got older, I stopped attending church. So I really want to learn more and read more from the Bible more than anything. This is the Bible I personally have.
What’s on your current reading list? Share and comment below! What keeps you from reading? Do you think technology and our phones have a lot to do with it?
Thank you for taking the time to read this post today! Please share, subscribe, and comment below! Any feed back is positive feedback!