RISE AND SHINE!
I am obsessed with routines. I often Google and search on YouTube morning and night time routines. They’re so fascinating to me! (Although I have come across some people who go above and beyond in the mornings, I can’t.)
These are a collection of some of my favorite morning routines I’ve heard and started to implement myself. These always insure that my mornings start out really smooth and carry on throughout the day. And I can’t lie, some of these are things that my momma taught me!
- Set out your clothes the night before. There is nothing more chaotic than trying to figure out what to wear in the mornings before work. If you’re like me, you try on at least 3 outfits before you decide. My momma taught me this. I like to layout my outfit for the following day the night before. That way, I already have everything planned, ironed, and ready to throw on after my morning routine.
- Preset coffee maker/meal prep. I really like to put together my lunches or protein shakes the night before so I can just grab it and head out the door in the mornings. No chaos, and no leaving out the door hungry because I don’t have enough time to make whatever it is I want.
- Wake up early. I have been doing this for a couple of weeks now. Ever since I read the book The Morning Miracle: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life Before 8AM by Hal Elrod, I’ve been super motivated to wake up a little earlier to relax and have a peaceful morning. It makes such a difference and I really recommend that book!
- Go to the light. Natural sunlight is the BEST motivator to wake up. I love waking up to a well lit room. It really pushes me to get up and to not fall back asleep.
- 10 minutes of cardio. This will jumpstart your metabolism and really get your blood flowing! I usually take the dogs for a quick walk.
- Drink water. After being asleep for a good 6-9 hours, you’re body is super dehydrated and you NEED water. Lauryn Evaretts of TSC talks about her morning routine often and specifically talks about her morning water mix. She likes lemon water with a sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt. This is my favorite. Can’t start my mornings without it. I usually throw it together the night before as well! I like to pretend that this lemon water balances out the fact that I probably chugged 7 vodka soda with lime juice the night before.
- Set one goal or meditate. I usually like to write in the mornings and reflect on what I want the day to be like. I like to read my little devotional and let that set the mood for the day! Get my favorite meditation daily devotional here, along with the reflective journal that goes along with it, here. (Another TSC recommended goodie, but I’ve been through a lot of these and this is by far my favorite!)
- Get ready! Take a shower, brush your teeth, get dressed, put on makeup (or don’t). Whatever it is that makes you feel good for the rest of the day!
- Leave on time. There’s nothing I hate more than being late. It gets my anxiety and my stress levels up. Having to sit in traffic when you’re supposed to be sitting at your desk is the WORST feeling. Plan ahead. Leave on time.
- Eat breakfast. There are so many fast options available now. No one has an excuse not to eat breakfast!
What are you lacking in your mornings to make it the best day? What do you need improvement on? What’s something we can add to my list?